FINAL REFLECTION
As I have been, doing reflections and reading other group members reflections, I have noticed that all the group member's thought that technology was digital items. I also thought this but , we have all learnt this is not so, as we have been doing our People,Places, Things and Events Course. From reading different literature we have found that technology can also be creative, problem solving, using the environment. man made tools are technology. " Technology is about helping people and solving problems" (Smorti, 1999, p.5).
As I have been, doing reflections and reading other group members reflections, I have noticed that all the group member's thought that technology was digital items. I also thought this but , we have all learnt this is not so, as we have been doing our People,Places, Things and Events Course. From reading different literature we have found that technology can also be creative, problem solving, using the environment. man made tools are technology. " Technology is about helping people and solving problems" (Smorti, 1999, p.5).
In my reflections of non digital technology the children where using the environment and made made tools to create their own designs by problem solving with their knowledge and skills."Environment where children use a variety of technologies for different purposes as they explore the world" (Ministry of Education, 1996, p.98). I think this is a very good question that is in one of my comments they said to ask the children, is there anything they would change, and why? This challenges the children to recognize the final product does not have to be the finished product.
I did my digital technology reflection on the children using a digital camera taking photos and extended their learning by supporting the children as we made a learning story together, with their photos on the computer. The children and I have been working together learning the different technology skills we have been using, as the children today know how to find their way around cameras and computers.
Teacher's need to introduce digital technology as a resource in the centre and use it more often with the children.
In Technology the children are using their listening skills, language skills problem solving, working together with others, sharing their ideas and taking risks
All the group members have the same option that teachers need to keep their knowledge skills for technology up to date so they can scaffold and support children in their learning of Technology.
Reference List:
Ministry of Education.(1996). Te Whariki: He whariki matauranga mo nga mokopuna
o Aotearoa: Early childhood curriculum. Wellington, New Zealand: Learning Media.
Smorti, S. (1999). Technology in early childhood. Early Education,1, 5-10.
No comments:
Post a Comment